Announcing the General Availability (GA) of the following:
ArcSight SmartConnector Build 184.108.40.20632 is now available for download from the HP support web site at http://support.openview.hp.com.
HP ArcSight is a leading global provider of security and compliance management solutions. ArcSight SmartConnectors and Enterprise System Connectors provide advanced event and log data collection and processing capabilities to help enterprises and government agencies gain comprehensive visibility and critical insights into their IT infrastructure across all users, networks, datacenters, and applications. ArcSight SmartConnectors are updated frequently to add support for new devices and event sources as well as new device versions.
- A new CEF SmartConnector that has the ability to follow files in a directory as the file names changes. This allows the customer to provide multiple files to be parsed by the CEF SmartConnector instead of specifying one file at a time.
- Please read the release note regarding:
- FIPS Suite-B 192 bit for this release – the customer will need to use the local upgrade. The remote upgrade had an issue and it is being investigated by the team.
- The list of SmartConnectors that are being targeted for end of support has been announced in previous release notes. A large number of these have end of support date for 9/30/2014. Please review and take
- The External SmartConnector datasheet listing the SmartConnectors can be download (Click on link) here.
Device Version Supported
ArcSight Common Event Format Multiple File
Common Event Format (CEF)
New Device, Component, or OS Version Support
New Device, Component, or OS Version
Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance File
Cisco PIX/ASA Syslog
Linux Audit File
Red Hat Linux 6.4, 6.5
Linux Audit Syslog
Red Hat Linux 6.4, 6.5
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator DB
HIPS 8.0 and VSE 8.9 on ePO 5.1
UNIX OS Syslog
Oracle Solaris 11 x86, Oracle Solaris 11 SPARC
There are many more fixed issues and enhancement delivered with this release. Please read the SmartConnector Release Notes for additional information.
Verify that you have a SmartConnector license before installing these connectors. If you are interested in a newly released SmartConnector, contact your sales representative to acquire a license.
HP ArcSight SmartConnector Product Team