Description: Product Announcement: ArcSight SmartConnector Build 220.127.116.1163 is now available for download.
The latest ArcSight SmartConnector Build 18.104.22.16863 is now available for download by licensed customers from the HP support web site at http://support.openview.hp.com.
HP ArcSight is a leading global provider of security and compliance management solutions. ArcSight SmartConnectors provide advanced event and log data collection and processing capabilities to help enterprises and government agencies gain comprehensive visibility and critical insights into their IT infrastructure across all users, networks, datacenters, and applications. SmartConnectors are updated frequently to add support for new devices and event sources as well as new device versions.
In this release, we are announcing the General Availability (GA) of the following:
Selected SmartConnectors are available in native 64 bits for the first time.
- This includes some of the most popular connectors, for examples, Windows Unified Connector, the Syslog SmartConnectors and others.
- Refer to the document "SmartConnectors Available for 64-Bit Platforms" https://protect724.arcsight.com/docs/DOC-9367
- The strategic plan is to balance the needs to address ongoing customer requirements for SmartConnector versions updates, feature requests, new connectors, and the migration to native 64 bits native support. The native 64 bits migration will be delivered in a multiple phase. This release represents the first step and SmartConnector team expects this effort will require most of 2014 to complete.
- If the 64 bits version of the SmartConnector is not available, then please use the existing 32 bits version of the SmartConnectors. These connectors will continue to work in the compatibility mode with the 64 bit operating system.
- The main driver for migrating to 64 bits native binary is that most customer are using and requesting 64 bits operating systems support.
- The product team do NOT expect performance enhancement nor performance degradation from using the 64 bits connectors.
McAfee Email Gateway SNMP
Arcsight FlexConnector JSON Folder Follower
For developing FlexConnectors getting events from vendor’s JSON format
New Device, Component, or OS Version Support
Executable support for:
AirMagnet Enterprise Syslog
IBM SiteProtector DB
Juniper JUNOS Syslog
McAfee Firewall Enterprise Syslog
Microsoft Audit Collection System DB
Operations Manager 2012 R2.
Microsoft IIS File
Microsoft SharePoint Server DB
Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager DB
Systems Center Operations Manager 2012 R2 on SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Oracle Audit DB
Oracle Basic Security Module
Solaris 11 SPARC event collection
Qualys QualysGuard File
Rapid7 NeXpose XML File
SmartConnector Product and Platform Support
Solaris 11 SPARC
Trend Micro Control Manager DB
ScanMail for Lotus Domino 5.5
Websense Web Security Suite SNMP
There are many more issues fixed and enhancement delivered with this release. In addition to the beta support listed below. Please read the SmartConnector Release Notes 7.01.6963 additional information.
Beta Support added are:
- Cisco Wirelesss LAN Controller SNMP (Beta)
Beta support for Cisco Airespace (MIB 4.0) is provided.
- RSA Identity Management Service SNMP (Beta)
Beta support for RSA Identity Management Service version 8.0 and SNMP version 3.0
- SNMP FlexConnectors
Beta support has been added for SNMPv3
Verify that you have a SmartConnector license before installing these connectors. If you are interested in a newly released SmartConnector, contact your sales representative to acquire a license.
You can find documentation and release notes on Protect 724 at https://protect724.arcsight.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at: http://support.openview.hp.com.
HP ArcSight SmartConnector Product Team